A paleo inspired “burger” without the bun. This is such a fun way to serve your classic “bacon and eggs” using wholefood ingredients and loads of flavour.
Assemble your fried eggs, organic bacon, spinach and avocado into a burger tower for a quick and protein-packed meal that’s gluten free, grain free, dairy free and sugar free.
If you love breakfast for dinner you could also serve this for dinner with a side of our homemade Sweet Potato Chips!
Not a fan of bacon? Try swapping bacon for hot smoked salmon (avoid artificially smoked & preservatives) or grilled eggplant – super yummy!
- This is a high protein, low carb breakfast that will get your metabolism firing.
- It is also rich in satiating flavours that will keep you satisfied for longer.
- Eggs are an amazing source of protein, omega 3 and over 11 vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado is a great source of healthy fats adding a satisfying and metabolism boosting effect to your meal.
- We recommend using organic bacon to avoid preservatives or additives. Bacon is also a ‘sometimes’ food rather than frequently.
Organic Bacon and Egg Burger
- 4 large Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 4 slices Organic Short Cut Bacon
- 1/2 - 1 Avocado
- Olive Oil for frying
- In a large frying pan fry eggs in oiled egg rings until cooked to liking. Remove from rings and set aside.
- Saute baby spinach in olive oil for 1 minute or until wilted. Set aside.
- Cook bacon to liking. Set aside.
- Assemble burger by stacking one egg with avocado, bacon and spinach and top with second egg.
- Serve as is or with our homemade sugar free tomato sauce
- Sprinkle your almost cooked eggs with finely chopped fresh herbs.
- Add caramelised onion to your stack.
- Substitute bacon for smoked salmon.
- Stick to 1/4 avocado per serve.