The smell of homemade pie cooking in the oven, just like grandma use to make! This comforting, sweet plum pie is the perfect healthy, sugar free dessert that will warm your heart and nourish your body.
Made with the most delicious, in-season sweet Australian CROC EGGS™ plums (exclusive to Woolworths), in a gluten free, low carb biscuit pastry rich in good fats and protein to keep you satisfied.
The recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free and Paleo friendly.
For more fun and healthy family-friendly treat recipes check out my Real Food Recipes e-book.
Paleo Plum Pie
- 2 cups almond meal
- 4 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 8-10 Croc Eggs plums
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp tapioca flour
- 1.5 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (4 if you have a sweet tooth)
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- Plant-based ice-cream
- To make pastry, in a mixing bowl, combine almond meal, tapioca flour, coconut sugar and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and combine with coconut oil. Add to dry mixture and combine well to form a dough.
- Transfer rounded dough to a piece of baking paper and wrap to cover. Place in freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 170’c. Pit and slice plums into wedges.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan, add plums, sprinkle over cardamon and stir over low to medium heat to soften.
- In a small mixing bowl combine tapioca flour with water and mix well. Add maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour over plums and mix through. Cook plums down for 3-4 minutes until soft and liquid has slightly thickened (try to keep some texture in the plums).
- Set aside.
- Grease a small pie dish and set aside.
- Remove dough from freezer and roll 3/4 of mixture out in between two sheets of grease-proof baking paper, enough to cover the base and sides of your dish.
- Remove top layer of paper and turn over onto pie dish. Use your hands to push into place. Remove sheet of b