Creamy, velvety, melt in your mouth panna cotta with berry coulis for a delicious, dairy free and healthier dessert to nourish.
Make It Better
Typically made with heavy, thickened and sweetened cream I’ve made this a healthier, lighter and better for you alternative using plant based Almond Breeze almond milk for a light and soft texture with no hidden sugar.
This recipe is so simple to make for a healthy dessert for the family and they present beautifully when entertaining friends.
To make this recipe gluten free and dairy free this healthier panna cotta with berry coulis uses some of our favourite ingredients for nourishing cooking:
Plant based almond milk and yoghurt for a healthier, lighter alternative to traditional cream used in panna cotta. I used Almond Breeze Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk for a delicious, vanilla milk that is also dairy free and contains no hidden sugars.
Pure maple syrup to naturally sweeten. You can also use any natural sweetener of choice such as honey, rice malt syrup or liquid stevia/monk fruit drops.
Gelatin powder to set the dessert with bonus nourishing properties.
Fresh berries to make the coulis for a sugar free topping.
The recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and refined sugar free.
You can really make this recipe your own by using the simple, healthier panna cotta recipe and adding your choice of toppings such as seasonal fruit, whipped coconut cream with dark chocolate shavings or even a homemade date caramel sauce for example.
Panna Cotta with Berry Coulis
- 1.5 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetned Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla thick coconut yoghurt (or thick Greek style yoghurt)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla powder/ seeds from vanilla pod)
- 2 cups berries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Fresh berries to serve
- Prepare coulis. In a small sauce pan break down berries with 1 tbsp water over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat and stir through maple syrup. Roughly mash with a fork to a mushy puree texture. Set aside to cool or strain through a sieve to remove seeds (optional).
- Pour Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk into a medium saucepan and sprinkle over gelatin powder. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Bring mixture to a gentle simmer over low heat. Add maple syrup and vanilla, stirring constantly until gelatin has dissolved.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. Gently mix through yoghurt and divide into serving glasses. Transfer to fridge and allow to chill for 3-4 hours or until set.
- Once set pour over berry coulis to serve.
- Top with additional fresh berries.
Want More Free Recipes!
Whilst you are here be sure to check out our other free recipes. All of our recipes are made with whole food ingredients, gluten free and dairy free friendly.
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. Download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe for our dairy free Panna Cotta with Berry Coulis ? Please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
This recipe was created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Almond Breeze.
Recipe and image copyright Live Love Nourish 2021.