Homemade refined sugar free dark chocolate with an oozy peanut butter centre!
Note: This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free. To make this a Paleo friendly chocolate swap peanut butter with almond
or macadamia nut butter.
I used the Mad Millie Raw Cacao Chocolate Kit to make these healthy homemade chocolates. The kit is fantastic and contains all you need to make your own chocolate, including recipes, raw, vegan and organic ingredients, chocolate moulds and chocolate wraps and labels (cute to make homemade gifts). The recipes included give you options for making your favourite style of chocolate to then add your own personal touch with flavours and textures such as nuts, orange or peppermint, freeze dried fruit, organic shredded coconut, pomegranate arils, just to name several ways you can add your flare.
Why I love the Mad Millie Raw Cacao Chocoalte Kit?
Unlike typical store-bought chocolate, the kit uses good quality organic ingredients, including cacao (not cocoa) which is much higher in antioxidants.
There’s no refined sugar and you can adjust sweetness to your liking.
All you need is the kit, 30 minutes (+ 2 hours to set)!
To make your homemade chocolate using the kit simply follow just a few steps provided in the kit’s instructions:
COMBINE the raw, organic ingredients following the recipe instructions.
POUR melted chocolate into the silicone moulds provided in the kit.
ADD your own flavours. Such as dry roasted nuts, coconut, dried fruit, oils for example
SET in your fridge for 2 hours.
WRAP in the unique chocolate wrappers and hand-written stickers for a gorgeous homemade gift.
Using the kit I made Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars. Scroll down for recipe below.
The kit is fab for making your own homemade chocolate gifts or make a great gift itself.
Mad Millie are a great brand providing high quality kits for making healthy food at home, from these raw chocolate kits to sourdough and fermenting kits
and more. Find out more about the the brand and their Mad Millie Raw Cacao Chocolate Kit via their website.
Homemade refined sugar free dark chocolate
- 8 tbsp (50g) raw organic cacao powder
- 140 g raw organic cacao butter
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar syrup* (in recipe below, alternative options below)
- 4 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- Crushed peanuts to decorate
- To make the coconut sugar, combine 4 tbsp coconut sugar with 1 tbsp boiling water. Mix to dissolve.
- Prepare a bain-marie (hot water bath) and melt the cacao butter.
- Once melted, add sugar syrup and cacao powder and mix well until smooth.
- Pour half the amount of chocolate into each chocolate mould, filling only to half way. Transfer to fridge for 10 mins to slightly set.Spoon peanut butter into the centre of each semi-set chocolate.
- Top mould with the remaining chocolate. Decorate with crushed peanuts and place in fridge until set (approx. 1-2 hours).