How to make the perfect roast pork with crispy crackling and a gluten free macadamia and cranberry stuffing.
I used free range pork from Sherwood Road Organic Meats in Brisbane, Queensland.
Note: This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free and Paleo friendly.
Perfect for a family Christmas feast. Watch the video below on how to make this the perfect main.
Find more fun gluten free Christmas recipes check out my Healthy and Happy Christmas e-book.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and soy free.
To make this recipe low FODMAP see recipe notes below.
Perfect Roast Pork with Macadamia and Cranberry Stuffing
- 2 kg boneless pork loin, rind on
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Good quality sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw macadamias, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1/4 cup organic cranberries
- 1/4 cup sage leaves, chopped
- 2 cups paleo breadcrumbs
- The night before, prep your pork. Drying out the rind the day before will produce the best result for crackling.
- Remove pork from any packaging and dry well with paper towel. Score rind at 1cm intervals, approx 1cm deep (try not to cut through meat). Place in fridge, uncovered overnight (or for approx 12 hours).
- On day of cooking, dry pork rind again with paper towel and bring to room temperature.
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 200’C.To make the stuffing, toast macadamias in a medium frying pan. Remove from pan, set aside.
- In frying pan add oil, onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine macadamias, onion, garlic, cranberries, sage and breadcrumbs. Scrunch to combine.
- Place unrolled pork on a flat surface, rind down. Slice horizontally through the thickest part of pork, be careful not to cut all the way through.Press stuffing along the width of where you cut.Roll pork up tightly and use kitchen string at regular intervals to secure.
- Rub rind with 1 tsp olive oil and a generous amount of sea salt, rubbing salt into scores.
- Place pork onto a roasting tray with greased rack.
- Roast for 1 hour 45 mins or until outside is golden and crisp.Once cooked to liking, allow to rest before slicing.
- Paleo bread is typically more moist than wheat based bread, however if needed add 1 lightly whisked egg to the stuffing before adding to the pork.
To make this recipe low FODMAP:
- Omit garlic and onion.
- Instead use garlic infused olive oil for added flavour to the stuffing.
- Stick to a low serve of cranberries (1 tbsp).