I take no credit for this amazing recipe! This delicious Raw Berry Cheesecake recipe comes from a dear friend of mine who was so kind to share it with me so that I could share it with you all!
This cheesecake is ah-mazing! It looks like a piece of artwork, tastes scrumptious and is of course gluten free, dairy free, vegan, raw, refined sugar free, paleo etc etc!
There is not much more words can say other than you have to try this recipe! (Oh and please make it with as much love as my dear friend does when she makes it.)
Thank you Noela for being who you are. Oh and for your cake recipe too 😉
- Cashews provide a satiating source of healthy fats that help to keep you feeling satisfied and curb sweet cravings. They have a natural sweetness to them with allows you to adjust the amount of sweetener you use in this recipe depending on your liking.
- Coconut Oilis rich in Lauric Acid which helps boost functions of the immune system. It is also rich in anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal properties and anti-microbial properties that aid in fighting bacteria, candida and parasites.
- Did you know you need healthy sources of quality fat like coconut oil and nuts so that you can absorb the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K?
- Berries are a low-sugar fruit loaded with anti-oxidants and provide your body with a good dose of vitamin C.
Raw Berry Cheesecake
- Place dates, nuts, coconut and salt in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend at high speed until mixture becomes crumbly but well combined. (Add a little water if too dry.)
- Press base mixture into a spring form pan.
- Place in the freezer to set while you prepare the cashew nut cream filling.
- Place the cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, vanilla powder and sweetener of choice in high speed blender or food processor and blend at high speed until smooth.
- Remove 1/2 the mixture and set aside. Add blueberries into the remaining mixture and blend to combine well.
- Spread mixture on top of the base and return to the freezer.
- Place the other half of the mixture back into the processor and blend in the strawberries. Spread mixture onto of blueberry layer. (For best results allow blueberry layer to set). Return to freezer to set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer approx. 2 hours before serving. Garnish with additional berries to serve.
- Soaking the cashews overnight will ensure your cheesecake filling as a creamy texture. Be sure to rinse your soaked nuts before blending.
- *For the cream cheese filling all these measures may be increased depending on what thickness your preference is for the cashew cream layers.
- *For a pretty layering effect ensure that the blueberry layer is set before you place the next layer on top.
- If your dates are dry soak them for several hours for a smooth base.
- Using more berries will give your cheesecake layers more colour and more flavour. If you are not using additional sweetener in your filling perhaps try adding extra berries.
- You can adjust the level of sweetness in this cheesecake to suit your liking. You may like to just use dates in your base and no added sweetener to your cashew cream filling or add a touch of sweetener of your choice.
- We find it is best for your body to always use minimal sweetness where possible and the right amount is always found be listening to your body.