This guilt-free raw treat is packed with flavour and nutrition. A great healthy dessert for your family, friends and guests.
Made with nutrient-dense whole foods, this raw cheesecake is free from gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, preservatives and refined sugar.
- Free from gluten, dairy, preservatives and refined sugar.
- Nutrient dense ingredients such as nuts and coconut oil encourage an efficient metabolism and provide a slow release source of consistent energy.
- Cashews provide a satiating source of healthy fat that helps to keep you feeling satisfied and curb sweet cravings. They have a natural sweetness to them with allows you to adjust the amount of sweetener you use in this recipe depending on your liking.
- Coconut oilis rich in lauric acid which helps boost functions of the immune system. It is also rich in anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal properties and anti-microbial properties that aid in fighting bacteria, candida and parasites.
- Healthy sources of quality fat such as coconut oil and nuts help you absorb the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.
- Blueberries are a low-sugar fruit loaded with anti-oxidants and provide your body with a good dose of vitamin C.
Raw Blueberry and Vanilla Cheesecake
- 1 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup organic shredded coconut (make sure its preservative free)
- 8 medjool dates, pitted & chopped
- 1 tbsp melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight*
- 1/2 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup* (options below)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Thickened coconut cream
- Coconut shavings
- Make base - in a high powered blender or food processor pulse almonds, coconut, dates and coconut oil to form a fine crumble.
- Spoon base into a lined cake tin, spread evenly and use the back of a spoon to press down firmly. Set aside in freezer whilst you make the filling.
- To make the filling - drain and rinse soaked cashews.
- In a high powered blender or food processor blend cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice, rice malt syrup and vanilla powder until smooth and creamy.
- Split your filling into two portions.
- Pour one layer on top of your base.
- Return the other portion to the blender and blend with blueberries until smooth.
- Carefully pour the blueberry layer on top of vanilla layer. (You can also allow your vanilla layer to set for 1 hour first before adding the blueberry layer).
- Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Allow to stand for 25 minutes before serving to slightly soften. Decorate with optional toppings.
- *Soaking the cashews overnight will ensure your cheesecake filling as a creamy texture. Be sure to rinse your soaked nuts before blending.
- If your dates are dry soak them for several hours for a smooth base.
- Using more berries will give your cheesecake layers more colour and more flavour. If you are not using additional sweetener in your filling perhaps try adding extra berries.
- *To make your filling sweetener free, swap out rice malt syrup for more fresh berries or a layer of blueberry and a layer of strawberry.
- *Swap out rice malt syrup for honey.