Roasting a whole sweet potato is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable.
Using the recipe below you can simply roast your sweet potato whole to then fill with your favourite toppings such as mince, guacamole, shredded chicken or homemade baked beans! There is lots of fun to have with this recipe and a great one to let your creative juices flow!
Please share with us below your favourite fillings!
- Sweet potato is a rich source of fibre and complex carbohydrate that raises your blood sugar levels slowly when compared to fast digesting carbohydrates such as refined fours found in bread.
- Sweet potato is a rich source of beta-carotene, vitamins A, C and B6 and provides some of the best nutrient values among the root-vegetable family.
- Sweet potatoes provide a healthy dose of carbohydrates necessary for energy production and to support a balanced diet.
Roasted Whole Sweet Potato
- 2 small - medium Sweet Potatoes.
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180C.
- Scrub outer skins of sweet potato and pat dry with paper towel. (Leave skins on).
- Place whole sweet potatoes onto a baking tray and roast for 1 hour or until centre is tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Just before serving slice through the sweet potato 1/2 its depth and fill with your favourite fillings.