A very simple and flavoursome homemade salmon loaf packed with wholefood nutrition. Using real food ingredients this recipe is gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and paleo friendly. Being nut free it is also great for lunch boxes.
- Salmon and eggs are high in protein to keep you satisfied for longer whilst providing your body with beneficial amino acids promoting healthy metabolism and vitality.
- Salmon and eggs also provide a fantastic source of omega-3 beneficial for your mental health, skin, heart health, eye health, energy, joint health and wellbeing.
- These quality proteins provide your body with a boost of energising vitamin B-12 as well as a source of vitamin D.
- Packed with extra veggies, this loaf also boasts a great amount of vitamins and minerals.
Salmon & Veggie Loaf
- 400 g canned red salmon
- 4 x lge free range eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (130g) grated zucchini
- 1 cup (150g) finely grated carrot*
- 1/2 cup (10g) fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 (20g) spring onions, chopped (or 1/2 small onion finely diced)
- 2 tbsp (20g) coconut flour
- Pink salt cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- Using your hands squeeze out excess juices from grated zucchini.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake in oven for 1 hour or until cooked through and golden on top.
- Serve with a side salad or cooked greens.
- Add garlic or additional fresh or dried herbs of choice.
- *You can also substitute grated veggies for your favourites.
- For the best flavour choose a good quality brand of salmon.
- Use the green part only of the spring onion.