A fresh and light meal with lots of zingy flavour! Using whole food ingredients this recipe is naturally gluten free and dairy free and packed with lots of colourful and health boosting ingredients.
As seen in Yum. Gluten Free Magazine.
- Salmon is high in protein and omegas and provides necessary nutrients for a healthy and vital body and mind.
- Omegas are essential for optimal health and must be obtained from your diet. The omegas found in salmon possess anti-inflammatory properties and help to prevent cardiovascular disease, reduce cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- Avocado is a great source of healthy fats adding a satisfying and metabolism boosting effect to your meal.
Salmon with Summer Zing Salsa
- 4 fresh salmon fillets
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 grapefruit, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1/2 lon g red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cups salad greens
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook salmon fillets to liking.
- In a mixing bowl combine salsa ingredients.
- Serve cooked salmon on salad greens dressed with olive oil and top with salsa just before serving.
- This summer salsa also works well with barramundi, prawns or chicken.
- You can serve your salmon with salsa on the side or flake salmon through salsa with salad greens.
- Substitute salmon for chicken thigh or breast cooked in garlic olive oil.
- Stick to 1/4 avocado per serve.