A flavour filled, easy chicken dinner idea the family will love. This gluten free and healthy satay chicken is served on a veggie packed rice alternative.
I created this recipe for Studio Pilates. If you haven’t heard of Studio Pilates they
offer high energy, 40 minute Pilates reformer classes, inspiring beats and a luxe workout space. I love reformer pilates for a good workout that
also allows you to listen to your body and adapt exercises to suit you best. For studio locations, visit www.studiopilates.com
For more healthy family friendly recipes check out the Live Love Nourish 8 Week Program, there’s over 150 real food recipes to nourish.
Satay Chicken with Veggie Quinoa 'Rice'
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small shallot onion, finely diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic , crushed
- 4 heaped tbsp 100% natural peanut butter
- Splash fish sauce
- 400mL canned coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups riced broccoli
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 400 g chicken thighs (cut into 2cm pieces)
- Coconut oil for frying
- Fresh coriander, chopped to serve
- Sprin g onions, finely chopped to serve
- Pre-cook quinoa and set aside.
- Prepare the satay sauce. In a frying pan over low - medium heat sauté shallots and garlic in coconut oil for a 1 - 2 minutes or until softened. Add peanut butter and stir to combine.Add fish sauce, coconut milk and 1/2 lemon juice and stir through until well combined. Add remaining lemon juice to liking. Reduce heat and gently stir until thick and creamy or consistency to liking is achieved. Keep warm and set aside. Adjust lemon and seasoning to liking.
- Pan fry chicken thighs in coconut oil until cooked through.
- Pan fry broccoli and cauliflower rice in olive oil. Add a splash of water and cover. Stir regularly until tender. Stir through quinoa.
- Serve quinoa veggie rice onto plates and add with chicken. Top with satay sauce and finish with coriander and spring onions.