A family friendly, gluten free noodle dish packed with flavour and nutrition. These Satay Papaya Noodles will sure become a family favourite dinner. Homemade satay sauce, fresh vegetables and the subtle sweetness of papaya make this recipe a dance for your taste buds.
Make this recipe for a delicious and nutritious dinner for the family and make sure you keep extra for a satisfying leftover lunch.
The satay sauce in this recipe will make extra. Mostly because it is so delicious that by making more you can refrigerate or freeze (in ice cubes) for another dish to add flavour without fuss.
The Satay Papaya Noodles recipe is super versatile where you can swap out the vermicelli noodles for your favourite noodles of choice. For a lower carb option you can use spiralised vegetables noodles such as zucchini, carrot or sweet potato noodles.
Made using vermicelli noodles this recipe is gluten free friendly.
The satay papaya noodles are also dairy free and refined sugar free.
To make this recipe vegan and vegetarian choose tofu as you protein of choice.
If you have an allergy or sensitivity to peanuts you can make the satay recipe with almond butter and garnish with dry roasted and crushed almonds.
Share your Home Cooking!
We love seeing your home cooking in our community! I hope your family love making these as much as mine do. Share your remakes and tag @livelovenourishaus on Instagram or share in our Facebook Community. We can’t wait to see!
Satay Papaya Noodles
- 1 packet vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 red papaya sliced
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 2 small carrots finely julienned
- 1 cucumber julienned
- 1 small red capsicum julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green spring onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans/ snow peas thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red chilli deseeded, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (Coriander or Thai basil)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 400ml canned coconut milk
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp tamari/ wheat free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey (optional or to taste)
- chicken breast thinly sliced
- tofu cut into cubes
- prawns shells removed
- Fresh coriander and/or Thai basil
- Lime wedges
- Place uncooked noodles into a bowl of hot water and soak for 15 mins or until tender. Drain well. Set aside.
- Prepare satay sauce by combining peanut butter with garlic in a saucepan over medium heat.Add coconut milk, lime juice, tamari soy sauce and honey. Mix to combine well and warm through. Sauce will thicken quickly so remove from heat as it approaches desired thickness.Set aside.
- Cook your choice of protein.
- Prepare remaining ingredients. In a bowl toss together vegetables.
- When ready to serve add noodles and protein to vegetables and herbs and combine. Spoon over satay sauce and mix well. Gently fold through papaya slices.
- Serve and garnish with peanuts and coriander.
Let’s Stay Connected
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. Download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe? Please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
As proud partners, this recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Ruby Rise.