In less than 10 minutes you will have yourself a high protein, low-carb, metabolism boosting breakfast. I love this breakfast dish for a flavour-packed & protein-rich start to the day but I also love having this as a light dinner on nights after a big day, so simple, so quick and so yummy!
- This recipe is a light, high protein breakfast that will provide you with long lasting energy to fuel your morning.
- Eggs are a great source of protein and together with the high protein content of smoked salmon provide your body with the necessary amino acids for your body. Protein also helps you to feel fuller for longer and starves off sweet cravings.
- Avocado is packed full of vitamins, minerals and fibre and gives your body a boost of healthy fat for an efficient metabolism, glowing skin and happy hormones.
- The omegas found in smoked salmon are also great for your brain health.
Smoked Salmon & Avocado Scrambled Eggs
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold through smoked salmon, avocado and spring onion. Season with pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into an oiled fry pan, over medium heat. Allow to cook for 30 seconds then begin moving mixture around to scramble the eggs. Gently cook whilst using a spatula to scramble the eggs for 2- 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve as is or with sauted baby spinach or kale.
- Add fresh herbs such as dill or parsley.
- Gentle heat works best to scramble eggs.
- Stick to 1/4 avocado per serving.