Using simple ingredients of smoked salmon, avocado with fresh lemon, chives and dill and served tartare style, this recipe might just become your go-to when entertaining. It’s super simple to make, requires no cooking and looks and tastes amazing! You don’t have to keep this one for special occasions either, this recipe is great egg free, nutrient-rich breakfast or satisfying, light lunch. Not only does it taste delicious and is very satisfying, it actually boosts your metabolism and makes your skin glow!
- Together smoked salmon and avocado provide your body with a healthy dose of omegas and good fats, great for your memory, focus, skin, energy levels and emotional health.
- Avocados are also high in vitamin B6 which is great for PMS and balancing hormones.
- This dish is low-carb, high in protein and rich in health-promoting fats, helping to boost your metabolism, keep you fuller for longer and reduce sweet cravings.
Smoked Salmon & Avocado Stacks
- 200 g Smoked Salmon, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Chives, chopped
- 3 teaspoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 ripe Avocado, seed removed and diced
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Fresh or dried Dill leaves to serve
- In a small mixing bowl combine smoked salmon, chives and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- In a separate mixing bowl, gently toss diced avocado, pepper and remaining lemon juice.
- Arrange your stacks straight onto serving plates. Presentation is best if you use a presentation ring. Simple fill your ring with avocado on the bottom and top with salmon mixture, gently pushing down and to the sides of the ring to form a sturdy rounded shape. Carefully remove ring and garnish with dill.
- Serve chilled.
- These little stacks are perfect for entree or individually plated canapés or you can also serve small portions into rounds of sliced cucumber.
- You can also mix fresh or dried dill leaves into the salmon mixture and garnish with lemon zest.
- Make this recipe as fresh as possible to keep your avocado from turning brown or smoked salmon from drying out.
- To help keep fresh, drizzle with olive oil or avocado oil.