Smoked Salmon & Cranberry Canapés
Simple, time saving and no fuss canapés with fresh balanced flavours to impress.
About the Recipe
- To make these easy canapés simply layer cucumber rounds with each element for a delicious flavour combination that is also visually impressive.
- Start with cumber, top with cranberry sauce, next add smoked salmon and finally finish with the yoghurt dressing and fresh herbs.
- These canapés are a great way to use up Christmas leftover meat and cranberry sauce as well. For example make these using shredded turkey, Christmas ham or cooked prawns in place of salmon.
- Instead of smoked salmon, swap with ocean trout, cooked prawns, shredded chicken or turkey.
- Use coconut yoghurt for dairy free.
To make the Smoked Salmon & Cranberry Canapés you will need:
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce – this brand is preservative free
- Avocado – choose a ripe but firm variety of avocado for easy slicing and assembly
- Smoked salmon
- Coconut yoghurt – use an unsweetened coconut yoghurt for the dressing. Alternatively use unsweetened Greek yoghurt or yoghurt of choice. This will be the base of your dressing. Add lemon juice, fresh herbs and;
- Ocean Spray Original Craisins – these add a sweet pop of colour and flavour to the fudge. Favourably, this brand is also preservative free.
- This recipe is a fresh and light way to nourish with healthy fats from avocado and smoked salmon. As well as providing protein from smoked salmon (or chosen protein).
- Using Ocean Spray Original Craisins and Cranberry sauce the recipe is also preservative free.
This recipe is naturally:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free (when using coconut yoghurt)
- Egg free
- Preservative free
Pin For Later:
Smoked Salmon & Cranberry Canapés Recipe:
GF Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp vanilla plant based protein powder
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl whisk peanut butter, eggs and maple syrup.
- Add coconut sugar and protein powder and combine.
- Add chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Place in fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Spoon batter onto a lined baking tray (or use slightly wet hands to shape).
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked though.
- Best enjoyed the day of baking or store in an airtight container in fridge.
Want More Free Recipes?
Whilst visiting the Live Love Nourish website be sure to check out our other free recipes. All recipes are made with whole food ingredients, gluten free and dairy free friendly.
Don’t miss a recipe by signing up to the free newsletter. Download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe? Please share on social media with your friends and family. To share hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. Collaborating with like-minded business’ to make inspiring and delicious content is our passion but we kindly ask permission is requested to reshare any content.
This recipe was created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons in proud partnership with Ocean Spray.