These gluten free, dairy free, sugar free chocolate coconut balls are a delicious semi-sweet snack rich in plant-based protein and healthy fat to promote stable blood sugar levels. Just like healthy protein balls but made using a natural source of protein (from almonds).
Snacks ideally should be rich in protein and healthy fat to keep your metabolism burning, reduce sugar spikes and cravings and provide steady energy. These sugar free snack balls feature in my 8 Week Program, along with many more healthy snack ideas as well as a guide to know if snacking is right for you or not.
- Almond meal contains high amounts of vitamin E as well as plant-based protein and healthy fat keeping you satisfied for longer.
- With the combination of beneficial fat found in coconut milk and coconut oil, these balls will also help to curb sugar cravings and boost your energy levels.
- The recipe uses a touch stevia to sweeten these goodies to avoid spiking your blood sugar levels.
Sugar Free Choc Snack Balls
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup OrganicShredded Coconut 1/4 cup extra to coat
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk(canned)
- 2 tablespoon Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 12 drops Liquid Stevia
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients until well combined.
- Roll and shape heaped teaspoon portions into balls.
- Roll balls in extra coconut to coat.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- You can also add a hint of vanilla flavour by adding 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla powder or alcohol/sugar free vanilla extract.
- For a choc-orange flavour just like "jaffas" add zest of 1 orange.
- For a peppermint-chocolate flavour add a peppermint extract.
- You can also substitute liquid stevia for 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or raw honey. You may need a little extra almond meal so the texture isn't too wet.