A gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, nut free birthday cake recipe! Yippee! Also nut free, this healthy cake recipe is sweetened with the natural sweetness of coconut water and optional stevia.
Made extra special with homemade sugar free strawberry jam inside and fresh coconut frosting.
- Sweetened with coconut water and stevia this cake is sugar free!
- Using coconut flour+ coconut oil, this recipe provides all off the goodness of natures’s superfood, the coconut.
- Coconut flour is rich in protein and fibre and is a great gluten free, grain free and nut free alternative to flours and nut meals.
- Coconut oil provides a source of beneficial fat and a substance called lauric acid which helps to boost functions of the Immune System.
- Using egg whites in this recipe boosts its protein content making these pancakes satisfying and helping to keep blood sugar levels balanced.
- Strawberries are a low-sugar fruit that provide a good dose of Vitamin C and anti-oxidants.
- Chia Seeds are rich in fibre, protein and omegas adding to the power-packed nutritional quality of this recipe.
Sugar Free Coconut Cake with Strawberry Surprise
- 12 cups large Free Range Egg Whites (2 cups )
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup Coconut Water (at room temp)
- 1 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoon s Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoon s Vanilla Powder or 1 teaspoon sugar free, alcohol free Vanilla Extract
- 16 drops Liquid Stevia Concentrate
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries chopped,
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 400 mL canned good quality premium coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 6-8 drops liquid stevia concentrate (optional)
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk melted coconut oil and coconut water. Whisk in coconut flour, baking powder, vanilla and stevia until well combined.
- Fold through egg whites with a spatula until well combined.
- Mix again just before pouring into a greased cake tin.
- Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make strawberry jam by pureeing strawberries with chia seeds in a blender. Set aside.
- Next make coconut frosting. Take coconut cream out of refrigerator. Do not shake. Scoop out coconut solids that have risen to the top and save the liquid for another use (such as adding to smoothies). Using electric beaters whip coconut cream solids (with optional stevia) until thickened. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Allow cake to cool on a cooling rack. Once cool, cut cake in half horizontally. Spread desired amount of jam evenly in middle of cake.
- Spread coconut frosting over cake and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To add extra sweetness to your cake add 1-2 tablespoonsPure Maple Syrup or Raw Honeyor equivalent sweetener.
- To add extra sweetness to your strawberry jam add 1 - 2 teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup or Raw Honeyor equivalent sweetener.
- Use room temperature eggs when combing wet ingredients together otherwise the coconut oil can begin to solidify when it comes in contact with cold eggs.
- When cooking with Coconut Flour, it absorbs liquid quickly. Be sure to prepare your batter immediately before cooking for the best results.
- Make sure you use room temperature coconut water otherwise cold coconut water will cause the coconut oil to solidify and not mix properly.