Using just 3 ingredients this ‘pretty in pink’ treat starts off with a generous serving of dairy free, sugar free Strawberry Yoghurt topped with fresh sweet strawberries and finished with a dollop of dairy free whipped cream and a fresh strawberry on top. And the whole recipe is sugar free and dairy free!
- Strawberries are naturally low in sugar and provide a beneficial source of vitamin C, folic acid, potassium, anti-oxidants and fibre.
- Strawberries are great for heart health, promoting glowing skin, supporting healthy cholesterol levels and help to reduce inflammation.
- Did you know? Approximately 8 strawberries provides more vitamin C than an orange.
Sugar Free Strawberry Yoghurt Sundae
- 250 mL (1 can) full fat premium coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (for coconut whipped cream topping)
- 250 mL L full fat premium coconut milk (for yoghurt) *alternative below Additional
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped 1/2 cup chopped for 2nd layer 2 for garnish
- 3/4 teaspoon organic vanilla powder
- In a blender combine 250mL coconut milk (unrefrigerated) with 1 cup strawberries and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-proof bowl and freeze for 2 hours, stirring well after 1 hour and again at 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, remove refrigerated coconut milk from fridge. Do not shake.
- Turn can upside down and open lid. Pour out liquid that is sitting on top, leaving a thick and creamy coconut cream.
- In a mixing bowl, whip coconut cream with 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder using electric beaters for approximately 5 - 8 minutes or until thick and whipped well. Set aside in refrigerator until assembly.
- After 2 hours, mix yoghurt and spoon into serving cups. Top with fresh chopped strawberries, a dollop of whipped coconut cream and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve chilled or with your favourite toppings such as chopped Nuts, Flaked Coconut, Cacao Nibsor carob nibs.
- *You can also use coconut yoghurt such as COYO in place of coconut milk.
- Top with or stir through you favourite toppings such as crushed Almonds, Macadamia Nuts or Flaked Coconut.
- To add sweetness, add 2 teaspoons Raw Honey or Pure Maple Syrup or Liquid Stevia to taste to yoghurt before freezing.
- You can also blend 1/2 - 1 frozen and peeled banana to yoghurt ingredients in a blender or food processor for an instant frozen strawberry and banana frozen yoghurt that you can serve immediately without having to freeze.
- Make this recipe just before serving for best results as the strawberry yoghurt will melt quickly.
- You can also make your strawberry yoghurt by pouring the blended mixture into an ice-cube tray and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours or until set. When ready to serve, pulse ice cubes in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Reserve drained coconut liquid from refrigerated coconut milk for Smoothies.
- It is important to use a good quality full fat Coconut Milk for this recipe to ensure you achieve a thick whipped cream.