Here’s a fresh and hydrating healthy slushie recipe that will keep you cool whilst re-hydrating your body with electrolytes thanks to coconut water. Using all natural ingredients this recipe is sugar free and allergy friendly (gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free and nut free).
This is such a fun recipe for the kids too!
- Coconut Wateris rich in electrolytes (and in-fact is very similar to the human blood plasma) helping to keep your body hydrated. Your immune system functions best when the body’s cells are well hydrated. Hydration is also needed to ensure proper detoxification. When toxins build up in your body your immune system is weakened.
- Blueberries contain high levels of antioxidants and posses anti-ageing properties. They are also an excellence source of vitamin C. In fact blueberries are the number one fruit for antioxidant activity!!
- By using natural ingredients this recipe contains no added sugar or sweeteners.
- I add chia seeds to this recipe to provide your body with blood sugar balancing nutrients and to help to keep you satisfied for longer. Chia seeds also provide a source of protein, omegas, fibre and calcium.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, nut free, egg free and soy free.
Naturally sweetened with fruit and coconut water, this recipe contains no added sugar.
- 1 cup Coconut Water*
- 1 cup coconut water ice cubes
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 ripe pear, chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 mint leaves, torn
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. (I use my Vitamix.)
- Pour into large glasses and serve chilled.