I love making nice cream. Using just one ingredient you can make a delicious whole food banana ice cream! To make nice cream simply blend frozen banana in a high speed blender (scrape down sides regularly) until creamy. Depending on your blender you might need to add a splash of your choice of milk to get the blender moving.
Using this nice cream method you can add your favourite flavours and combinations such as cacao, mango, berries and serve with your favourite toppings.
Being a nutritionist I can’t help but find ways to add more greens into your diet. Being a mum I’m also always looking for ideas to incorporate more vegetables and plant food into my children’s diet such as adding frozen pieces of zucchini or steamed and frozen cauliflower to smoothies. They can’t taste it when paired with frozen fruit such as banana, berries, pear or mango and it adds creaminess. Recently I discovered a new product that delivers green goodness pureed and frozen in cubes that you can simply add to smoothies, smoothie bowls and nice cream! The Green Smoothie Super Cubes.contain ingredients such as banana, coconut water, silverbeet, kale, avocado, cucumber, pea protein, super greens powder and more. What a find!
I made these ice creams using the Green Smoothie Super Cubes and frozen banana to make the perfect healthy, real food treat. To make these extra special I made a healthy version of choc ice magik that when drizzled over the top of your ice cream will set hard to crunchy chocolate perfection.
You can get Super Cubes delivered to your door via their website (use our community code LLN30 for 30% discount) or at Woolworths or selected health food stores (see their website for stockists).
I hope these become a family favourite healthy treat in the warmer months.
Super Greens Smoothie Nice Cream
- 1.5 cups frozen banana pieces
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (or yoghurt)
- 2 cubes Green Smoothie Super Cubes
Choc Ice Magik Topping
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup**
- In a blender combine frozen banana with super cubes and coconut milk. Blend until ingredients combine and texture is smooth. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a large piping bag with wide nozzle and place in freezer for 5-10 minutes to firm up.
- Pipe onto ice cream cones for a soft serve ice cream.
- Serve as is or with your favourite toppings (recipe for healthy choc magik below).
- Serve in a cup or cone*.
To Make Choc Ice Magik Topping
- In a small bowl combine melted coconut oil with cacao powder and natural sweetener of choice.
- Mixture will harden when it cools down, keep room temp/ warm until ready to serve.
- Serve ice cream with a generous drizzle of ice magic on top. The mixture will harden when it hits the cold ice cream.
** Or use any natural sweetener of choice.
You’ll find more healthy and fun ways to include more real food and vegetables into your diet (and kid friendly too) in my Real Food Recipes ebook.
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. You can download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
This recipe is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
If you love this recipe please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Super Cubes.