A burger that celebrates whole-food ingredients. This is the perfect, wholesome way to enjoy a gluten free burger. We swap the refined carbohydrate bun for a whole-food alternative that provides complex carbohydrates – sweet potato.
- Sweet potato is a rich source of fibre and complex carbohydrate that raises blood sugar levels slowly when compared to fast digesting carbohydrates such as refined flours found in breads and buns.
- Sweet potato is the perfect swap for a refined carbohydrate bun making your burger not only gluten free/ grain free/ paleo but also made with whole food ingredients that nourish.
- They provide a healthy dose of carbohydrates necessary for energy production and to support a balanced diet.
- Sweet potatoes are also rich in beta-carotene, vitamins A, C and B6 and provide some of best nutrient values among the root-vegetable family.
- Lamb or beef mince provides a quality source of iron-rich protein. Protein is great to keep you feeling satisfied and reduce sweet cravings.
Sweet Potato Sliders
- 1 large Sweet Potato, cut into 1.5cm rounds
- 500g Lamb or Beef mince
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil (for cooking)
- 1 large cooked Beetroot, sliced
- 1 large Tomato, sliced
- 1 cup Lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 large Avocado
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C & pre-warm a roasting tray.
- Drizzle tray with olive oil and place sweet potato rounds in one layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning half way, or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile combine mince, egg, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat oil in frying pan and cook patties over medium heat for 4 mins each side or until both sides are browned and cooked through.
- Assemble sliders by layering sweet potato with patty, beetroot, tomato, lettuce and avocado. (I use toothpicks for presentation).
- *Choose good quality, grass fed mince for best results.
- Serve withSugar Free Tomato Sauce.
- Simply omit egg and work mix well to combine.
- Omit garlic from patties.
- Reduce avocado quantity to 1/4 per serve.
- Beetroot is best tolerated at 4 slices per serve. Alternatively omit beetroot.