Healthy cookies made with tigernut flour*. Free from gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, sugar and sweeteners. The combination of tigernuts and coconut create
a delicious ANZAC inspired biscuit recipe.
*What are tigernuts? A tiny tube (aka root vegetable) that’s actually not a nut and taste like “chewy coconut and almond”.
For more fun, healthy and sugar free recipes you might like to check out my Real Food Recipes e-book.
- This recipe is free from gluten, grain, dairy and refined sugar.
- This recipe is nut free and suitable for those with nut sensitivity or following AIP/ nut free diets.
- Made with simple, nourishing ingredients.
- No added sugar or sweetness, just the natural sweetness of coconut and tigernuts.
- Tigernuts are a prebiotic and rich in fibre great for gut health.
- Tigernuts are high in magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron, vitamin C and E and good fats.
- The cookies are rich in healthy fats and fibre to keep you satisfy and reduce sugar cravings and promoting balanced blood sugar levels.
Tigernut Anzac Cookies
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 170'C.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add in melted coconut oil and coconut milk and combine well.
- Shape tablespoon portions of cookie mixture into round shapes and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Add a drizzle of melted homemade choc/carob on top of cookies and set in fridge.
- I get my tigernuts from the Australian company Terra Firma.