A quick and easy breakfast that’s rich in protein, healthy fats and nourishing anti-oxidants.
- This recipe supplies a good balance of protein and healthy fats for an energy fuelled breakfast that will keep you full without sweet cravings.
- Eggs provide a great balance of protein and omegas helping to promote a healthy body composition, support healthy blood sugar levels and reduce sugar cravings.
- The compound curcumin is the anti-oxidant found in turmeric that has many wonderful health benefits but of most significance is its anti-infalmatory properties; it also acts as an anti-oxidant and aids detoxification and liver support.
- The fresh salsa nourishes your body with healthy fats and minerals in the avocado and helps to keep you satisfied for longer.
Turmeric Eggs with Fresh Salsa
Fresh Avo Salsa:
- 1/2 large Avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes, quatered
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 1 Spring onion, finely chopped
- Black Pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs with turmeric and pepper until well combined. Add chopped chives.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over low – medium heat.
- Pour egg mixture onto pan and let cook for 30 seconds or until bottom starts to set.
- Using a heat-resistant spatula, push edges of eggs towards centre of pan and tilt to allow uncooked mixture to spread.
- Turn off heat when almost done. Set aside.
- Saute baby spinach or kale in a touch of oil until wilted.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine salsa ingredients.
- Serve hot eggs with wilted spinach and fresh salsa.