I’m all about simple meals that pack a nutritional punch! This is one of my go-to easy dinner meals that leaves you feeling satisfied and light. Here’s a quick and easy salmon dinner that provides nutrients such as protein, good fats and veggies that support good health.
As I share in the 8 Weeks to Healthy and Happy Online Program, healthy food can be simple yet delicious. I share over 150 healthy, gluten free and dairy free recipes just like this one in my8 Week Program, all family friendly and easy.
This recipe is brought to your in partnership with Studio Pilates, offering a way of exercise that supports my holistic approach to whole body health.
TURMERIC ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH CRISPY SKIN SALMON
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 150 g mixed rocket and baby spinach
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 pomegranate, arils removed
- 1/3 cup dry roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 -4 salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.Place cauliflower florets into a large baking dish.Toss cauliflower with salt, pepper, turmeric and extra virgin olive oil.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, cook salmon to liking.
- Rub salmon in olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Pan fry skin side up for 3-4 minutes, add a touch extra olive oil onto skin and turn onto skin side to cook until skin is crispy and salmon cooked to liking.
- Once cauliflower is cooked, remove from the oven.
- Place rocket and spinach leaves in a salad bowl, top with roasted cauliflower and pomegranate jewels (arils).
- In small mixing bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice and parsley and drizzle over salad, lightly toss to dress.
- Serve salad onto plates with salmon and top with almonds just before serving.