A quick and clean dinner recipe using fresh ingredients and Italian flavours.
Using whole food ingredients, this recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, preservative free and Paleo.
It is such as an easy dinner (or lunch) option that packs loads of flavour.
Simply pan-fry, steam or bake your seasoned fillets of fish and serve with a fresh Italian salsa made of fresh tomatoes, olives and basil.
- Fish is high in protein and delivers a good dose of amino acids as well as essential fatty acids.
- Tomatoes are rich in anti-oxidants and lycopene.
- Olives are a great source of healthy fats and help to make this dish very satisfying.
- Basil is a great natural anti-inflammatory as well as possessing anti-bacterial properties.
- Olive oil is a great source of healthy fat that makes your skin glow, benefits your cardiovascular system and is known for its anti-ageing properties.
- Together the ingredients of this recipe provide your body with a healthy dose of protein, healthy fats and lots of vitamins and minerals.
White Fish with Fresh Olive Salsa
- 4 pieces White Fish of choice (I love using Fresh Barramundi)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- Pinch Pink Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes, diced 1 cup
- 12 Kalamata Olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Extra VirginOlive Oil
- Black Pepperto taste
- Drizzle olive oil over all portions of fish. Sprinkle with dried oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and cook portions of fish for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa by combing all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Serve portions of fish with salsa spooned over top just before serving.
- To make this dish a complete meal I recommend serving it with a simple salad or sautéed kale and fennel.
- You can also bake or steam your fish.
- Olives are naturally salty so you don't need to add salt to your salsa.
Make sure you choose olives that contain no added preservatives.
- Omit fresh garlic in salsa use garlic infused olive oil.