Here’s a very simple and super quick light dinner option. In a matter of minutes you will have yourself a grain free pasta alternative with a sugar free tomato sauce. I have kept this recipe so simple so that you can personalise it each time you make it by using different herbs and adding your favourite cooked protein such as prawns, lamb, mince or chicken.
- Using zucchini in place of wheat-based pasta is a great way to enjoy a gluten free and grain free “pasta” dish without leaving you feeling bloated.
- Zucchini is a great low carbohydrate vegetable providing the body with a source of fibre and potassium.
- Olive Oil is a wonderful ingredient that provides the body with healthy fats that are anti-inflammatory, great for hair and skin and support healthy cholesterol and hormone levels.
- Tomatoes contain Lycopene, a powerful antioxidant helping to prevent the formation of free radicals that can damage your body’s cells.
Zucchini Tomato Pasta
- Using a julienne peeler, peel zucchini lengthways into long strips to form pasta like strands. Follow tips here.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add zucchini pasta and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato, herbs and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until zucchini pasta is tender.
- Finish with a drizzle of garlic infused olive oil.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts.
- Serve warm.
- Garnish with fresh herbs of choice.
- Add cooked protein such as prawns, chicken, shredded lamb or beef.
- You can also use cooked Mung Bean Fettuccine or Black Bean Spaghetti instead of zucchini pasta.
- Be careful not to overcook zucchini to avoid soggy pasta.
- Omit pine nuts from recipe or substitute with toasted pumpkin seeds.