Barramundi with Mango & Kiwi Salsa
Barramundi fillets served with a fresh, Summer inspired mango salsa. A quick and easy crowd pleaser that it is quick to make, fresh and made with whole food ingredients. This recipe is another of our gluten free, dairy free, preservative free easy dinner meals.
The salsa can also be personalised for a fun twist by substituting mango with paw paw, honeydew melon or your favourite fresh fruit. I can't wait to try this salsa using dragon fruit too!
As featured in Get It Magazine.
- Bararmundi is high in protein and omegas and provides necessary nutrients for a healthy and vital body and mind.
- Omegas are essential for optimal health and must be obtained from your diet.
- Avocado is a great source of healthy fats adding a satisfying and metabolism boosting effect to your meal.
- Fresh Coriander leaves possess an impressive vitamin, mineral and anti-oxidant content adding extra nutrients to your meal. Coriander leaves also help to promote healthy digestion.
- The ingredients used in this recipe will leave you feeling light yet very satisfied.
Barramundi with Mango Salsa
- 4 serves Barramundi Fillets
- 1 large ripe Mango, peeled and diced*
- 1 Kiwi Fruit, peeled and diced
- 1 large ripe Avocado, seed removed and diced
- 1/4 small Red Onion, finely diced or 2 Spring Onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Prepare salsa by gently mixing together all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside and keep cool.
- Heat bbq or grill and cook barramundi fillets for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to liking.
- Serve your cooked fish with a side of salsa.
Make It Personal:
- For a fiery boost to your salsa try adding 1/2 fresh long chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped.
- For a great addition, grill halved limes, flesh side down on bbq for 1 minute. Serve on side for a juicy squeeze over your dish.
- This summer salsa also works well with salmon, trout, prawns or chicken.
- You can also try making this salsa with paw paw, dragon fruit, honeydew melon or your favourite fruit.
Sensitive to Seafood?
- Substitute barramundi for chicken thigh or breast cooked in garlic olive oil.
Sensitive to FODMAPs?
- Substitute red onion for 1-2 spring onions (green part only).
- Stick to 1/4 avocado per serve.
- Substitute mango for honeydew melon or rockmelon.
© Live Love Nourish™ 2014. All rights reserved.