Green Abundance Bowl w Tahini Dressing
Abundance bowls are a great way to nourish your body with an abundance of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and antioxidants.
They are also a great way to use up leftover veggies and herbs and make for a satisfying and healthy lunch or dinner option.
Here's my recipe below for a bowl of green goodness or you can also use the recipe loosely to create your own abundance bowl using your favourite whole food ingredients.
The ingredients used in this bowl of green goodness provide your body with an abundance of nutrition that not only promotes overall wellbeing but also aids digestion and detoxification.
Green vegetables contain some of the highest amounts of phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals with dark green leafys ranking number one as a superfood.
Leafy greens (such as kale, spinach or chard) provide a significant source of vitamins A, C, E, K as well as B vitamins. They are also a fantastic source of minerals such as magnesium, calcium, potassium and iron. They are rich in fibre, low in carbohydrates and even provide a source of protein.
Broccoli is a good source of vitamins A, K and B vitamins as well as boasting an impressive amount of vitamin C (over 150% of your daily recommended intake in 100g).
Including 1 -2 serves of good quality fat in your abundance bowl helps your body to absorb the essential vitamins found in vegetables. Healthy fat sources also provide a satiating effect keeping you satisfied for longer whilst keeping snack and sweet cravings at bay.
- 1 cup cooked broccoli florets (roasted or steamed)
- 2 cups kale, finely shredded
- 1 small cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 small zucchini made into noodles*, lightly sauted
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Boiled egg, cooked chicken, salmon, tuna, well prepared legumes or quinoa
Green Tahini Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch black pepper
- To build your bowl, prepare and cook your vegetables (or use leftover veg) and protein of choice.
- Massage kale really well with a squeeze of lemon juice and a generous amount of olive oil (or briefly saute in olive oil for 1 min).
- Fill your bowl with kale and arrange vegetables, avocado and protein of choice.
- Make dressing by mixing tahini with water, lemon juice, parsley and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over vegetables and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- When cooking dinner meals with vegetables cook extras for quick and easy abundance bowls.
- *Use a spiraliser, mandolin slicer or julienne peeler to turn zucchini into noodles. Lightly saute in olive oil for 1-2 minutes until just softened.
Personalise your recipe:
- You can create your own abundance bowls by combining your favourite vegetables + your choice of protein + a good quality fat.
- Add a flavour boost with fresh herbs, chopped spring onions, dukkah, chopped nuts, toasted sesame seeds, shredded nori seaweed or dulse flakes
- Boost your dressing with a hint of garlic or a pinch of turmeric
- You can also substitute tahini dressing for extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
© Live Love Nourish ® 2016. All rights reserved.