Low carb, gluten free hash browns made with cauliflower and naturally sweet Australian Onions.
This 4 ingredient healthy recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar and Paleo friendly.
Some fun health facts about onions:
- Onions are good for heart health.
- They contain fructans which play a role in gut health by feeding the good bacteria.
- Onions naturally contain antioxidants like vitamin C for a healthy immune system
2 cups riced/finely grated cauliflower florets
1/2 cup finely diced brown onion
2 large eggs, whisked
2 tbsp almond meal
Good quality salt + pepper
Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
1/2 brown onion, sliced
1. In a mixing bowl combine riced cauliflower with onion, eggs, almond meal, salt and pepper.
2. Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat.
3. Spoon heaped tablespoon portions of mixture onto pan and use back of spoon to gently flatten and shape.
4. Cook for 3-5 minutes over low-medium heat each side or until golden.
5. Sauté remaining sliced onion in extra virgin olive oil over low- medium heat until caramelised. Serve on top of hash browns (optional).
You can also add 1/2 tsp garlic powder or a pinch of chilli powder for an extra kick.
For extra sweetness, caramelise the chopped onion first by cooking over low-medium heat in an oiled frying pan.
Watch the Video:
You can add extra flavour with crushed garlic and fresh herbs.
Share This Recipe:
If you love this recipe or you know someone who would enjoy it too, please share the link to the recipe with your friends and family or on Facebook (click the share button at the top of this page). Your support helps me to share more recipes that help others, so thank you.
Don't forget to share your recipe remakes on Instagram and tag @livelovenourishaus so I don't miss it!
Thank you so much for supporting my recipes. Make sure you let me know what you think in the comments below :)
Our photos and content are copyright protected. I kindly ask that you please don't copy our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to share this recipe please provide a link back to the recipe on my website. Thank you so much! I appreciate your support.