Carrot cake would have to be one of my favourites, along side banana bread!
I'm excited to share with you my gluten free carrot cake recipe that is both healthy and delicious. The grain free carrot cake is packed with flavour and has a moist texture, topped with a creamy dairy free cream cheese made from cashews.
I used good quality, natural and organic ingredients from My Organics.
Whether you are following a gluten free or dairy free diet or not, it is a very simple recipe to make and certainly a crowd pleaser. I hope you and your family love this recipe as much as we do.
If healthy baking and recipes is your thing (it's definitely mine!) check out my 'Real Food Recipes' recipe e-book that is 100% gluten free and filled with 80 family friendly recipes.
1.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large mixing bowl add almond meal, coconut flour, carrot, walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix to combine.
3. In a separate smaller bowl add eggs, coconut oil and maple syrup. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
4. Pour egg mixture into dry mixture and stir through with a wooden spoon to combine.
5. Pour the cake mixture into a baking paper lined 18cm cake tin. Smooth the surface out with a spoon and place in the oven.
6. Bake for one hour and ten minutes or until golden brown on top and the skewer comes out clean.
7. To make cream cheese, blend all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Once cake is completely cooled, frost cake and top with walnuts and lemon zest.