Making your own pizza is not only fun but can be healthy too when made with the right ingredients! Our Paleo pizza recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, yeast free and sugar free too!
You can follow our simple and delicious topping below or you can personalise your recipe to make it your very own.
- Our healthy pizza recipe is free from common allergens gluten and dairy and instead made with nutritious ingredients that are not only satisfying the nourishing to your body.
- This recipe includes healthy vegetables in its topping including spinach, capsicum and onion and to make super satisfying and to provide your body with some healthy fat and non-animal protein we use an almond meal base.
- Together the 'real food' ingredients provide a balanced meal without bloating, heaviness of feeling sluggish afterwards.
- I recommend buying Organic Tapioca Flour that has no added preservative 220 found in some brands.
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Pinch Dried Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 1 large Capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Basil Leaves, torn
- 1/4 Red Onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup Cashew Cheese (recipe here), optional
- Fresh Rocket to serve
- Olive Oil
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs with oil.
- Add almond meal. tapioca flour, oregano and salt and mix to combine well.
- Use a spatular to scrape sticky dough into a rough ball. Use the spatula to spoon dough onto a flat surface lined with a large piece of greaseproof paper.
- Place a second large piece of greaseproof paper over top and roll dough out to 1/2 cm thick using a rolling pin.
- Carefully remove top piece of greaseproof paper and bake in oven on a flat tray for 10 -12 minutes or until base begins to slightly colour.
- Meanwhile make topping. Mix together tomato paste, garlic and chilli.
- Remove base from oven and spread paste evenly to the edges using the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with baby spinach leaves, basil, onion and capsicum.
- Dollop or drizzle with cashew cheese (I use a piping bag to make a fun pattern).
- Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until toppings are cooked and edges are golden.
- Dress fresh rocket leaves with olive oil and serve on top of pizza.
Make It Personal:
- Choose your favourite vegetable toppings or add additional protein with prawns, cooked chicken pieces or cooked mince.
- Instead of tomato paste you could also use our dairy free pesto.
© Live Love Nourish™ 2015. All rights reserved.