A fun savoury popcorn snack with pizza inspired flavours.
- This recipe is free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar and instead uses healthy substitutes such as olive oil in place of butter.
- Seasoned with spices instead of refined salt.
How to make stove top popcorn (makes approx 8 cups)
You will need:
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup organic popcorn kernels
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed saucepan (with lid).
- Melt coconut oil. Put 3-4 kernels into the oil, when kernels pop the temperature is right. Add the rest of your popcorn (across one even layer).
- Cover (with a lid slightly ajar for drier and crispier popcorn) and remove from heat for 30 seconds (this helps to even the temperature so that they pop at the same time).
- Return to heat. Once popping slows remove from heat.
- Allow to cool.
Pizza Popcorn ingredients:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Good quality salt
- 4 cups popped popcorn (see above)
- Add popcorn to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour over olive oil and toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle with oregano, paprika, onion and garlic powder and salt. Toss to evenly coat.
- Store in an air-tight glass container to keep fresh.
This recipe was created by nutritionist, naturopath and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons © Live Love Nourish ® 2017. All rights reserved.