Roasted Herb and Garlic Crusted Lamb with Orange Glazed Vegetables
Here's a hearty, roast dinner to warm your soul! To turn a basic roast lamb dinner into something special yet still simple here is my recipe for roasted lamb racks with a herb and garlic crust. This paleo, gluten free and grain free recipe literally takes no time at all to prepare letting your oven do all of the hard work.
This roast dinner is a beautiful family meal and also perfect for entertaining and a great hot dinner for your Christmas day menu. In my Christmas recipe e-book you'll find some delicious and healthy starters and desserts to pair perfectly with this main.
- Lamb is high in protein and delivers a good dose of iron and amino acids.
- Almonds contain high amounts of vitamin E and minerals.
- Garlic and herbs provide your body with anti-oxidants too.
Roasted Herb and Garlic Crusted lamb with orange glazed vegetables
Herb and Garlic Crusted Lamb:
- 2 x 8 racks of Lamb, french trimmed
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons fresh Rosemary
- 4 tablespoons fresh Thyme
- 4 tablespoons fresh Parsley
- Pinch Pink Salt and Pepper
Orange Glazed Vegetables:
- 6 cups Pumpkin (approx 1/4 whole pumpkin), cut into 2cm x 2cm pieces
- 3 cups (approx 12) Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Pinch Pink Salt and Pepper
- Juice of 1/2 Orange
- 1/2 cup Pecan halves
- 1/4 cup organic dried Cranberries
- Zest of 1/2 Orange
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl combine crust ingredients (almond meal, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper).
- Pat dry lamb and coat meaty side up with crust mixture. Press onto lamb and coat well. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl toss pumpkin and brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Transfer vegetables to roasting tray and roast in oven for 40 minutes.
- Transfer lamb to a roasting tray and roast in oven for 30 -35 minutes and crust is golden or until lamb cooked to liking.
- After 20 minutes of vegetable cooking time pour orange juice over vegetables and mix around.
- After 30 - 35 minutes remove lamb from oven and allow to rest.
- Once vegetables are tender, sprinkle with pecans and return to oven for an extra 5 minutes to toast.
- Remove vegetables from oven and sprinkle with orange zest and cranberries.
- Serve hot.
- Serve this roasted dinner with an extra side of cooked greens.
Make It Personal:
- Be careful not to over-cook your lamb and allow it to rest before carving to ensure juices remain and meat is tender.
Sensitive to Nuts?
- Omit almond meal and crust with herbs and garlic.
- You can also substitute almond meal for crushed macadamia nuts.
- If you don't have fresh herbs you can substitute with 2 tablespoons each of the dried version.
Sensitive to FODMAPs?
- Omit fresh garlic from crust mixture and use garlic infused olive oil.
© Live Love Nourish™ 2014. All rights reserved.