Smashed Avocado on GF Toast
Avo on gluten free toast is such a quick breaky that provides a good dose of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals to your body. Here's my version with a few simple tweaks to jazz it up.
- Instead of breads made of refined flours swap for a homemade bread that is packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals that provide nourishing benefit to your body. Choose between our Paleo bread recipe for extra protein and healthy fats for an energy fuelled breakfast or our quinoa bread for slow release carbohydrates and nut a free option.
- Avocados help to promote a healthy body composition, support healthy blood sugar levels and reduce sweet cravings.
- Avocados are also great for supporting healthy and happy hormones and are fantastic for glowing skin!
Smashed Avocado on (Gluten Free) Toast
- 2 slices quinoa super seed bread or paleo bread
- 1/2 large avocado
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion
- 1-2 tsps finely chopped herbs of choice (such as parsley or chives)
- Sprinkle sesame seeds
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- Pink Salt + cracked black pepper
- In a small bowl roughly mash avocado with lemon juice. Stir through spring onion and herbs.
- Toast bread to liking.
- Serve avocado on top of toast, sprinkle with sesame seeds and chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with poached or fried eggs for added protein.
Sensitive to nuts?
© Live Love Nourish ® 2015. All rights reserved.