Super Green Vegetable Soup
A simple, nourishing soup filled with green vegetable goodness. This gluten free, dairy free, detoxifying soup is good for the soul.
Green vegetables are packed full of nutrition making them super veggies when it comes to nourishing your body.
I love this warm and filling soup that is full of green goodness. The consistently turns out smooth and creamy and feels very nourishing on the inside!
It is very easy to make and freezes well.
- Broccoli contains high levels of fibre making it great for digestion and also helps liver detoxification. It also contains phytonutrients that lower your risk of developing diabetes, heart disease and potentially cancers.
- Broccoli is a rich source of vitamin C. Did you know that a 100 gram serve of broccoli will provide you with over 150% of your recommend daily intake of vitamin C!? Broccoli is also rich in vitamin A, K, B vitamins, phosphorus and zinc.
- Fennel contains aromatic essential oils (this is what gives it its subtly sweet anise flavour), one of which Anethole, contains anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. This phytonutrient is also known to have an anti-inflammatory effect on your body.
- Fennel contains unique phytonutrients with health-promoting anti-oxidant effects.
- Fennel is also a fabulous vegetable, rich in fibre to promote good digestive health and can help keep you regular. Additionally it is a good source of folate, vitamin C and potassium.
- Silverbeet also contains impressive amounts of phytonutrients. It contains great amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, B-vitamins, magnesium, and fibre.
Super Green Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 long Green Chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 large Fennel Bulb, diced
- 1 large head Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 bunch Silverbeet, roughly chopped
- 1.5L Vegetable Stock or seasoned Water
- 3 Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 large bunch Fresh Basil, leaves picked
- Pink Salt and Black Pepper to liking
- Fresh Lemon Juice to serve (optional)
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
Add chilli, garlic and fennel and sauté over low- medium heat for 3- 5 minutes.
Add broccoli, silverbeet, stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a medium heat and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Turn off heat and add spring onions and basil and stir.
Puree soup in a blender (I use a Vitamix) or food processor until smooth.
Garnish with fresh lemon juice to serve.
Make It Personal:
- Add 1 cup frozen peas for a hint of natural sweetness.
- To boost protein content serve with cooked and shredded chicken stirred through or with mini meatballs on top.
- Include silverbeet stems in your soup for added fibre, thicker texture and no waste!
Sensitive to FODMAPs?
- Omit fresh garlic and use garlic infused olive oil.
- Reduce quantity of broccoli if you have experience symptoms with larger amounts.
© Live Love Nourish™ 2015. All rights reserved.