I love a roast dinner especially shared with family and friends. Typically roast meals can be quite heavy so I wanted to share with you a recipe that is both satisfying and light.
I marinate the lamb leg in a light gluten free marinade that helps to tenderise the meat and keep it moist and roast until perfection.
To accompany the delicious lamb I like to serve it with a side of vegetables AND salad. This is a great way to make the meal lighter and not leave you feeling heavy. I like to serve our roast dinner with lighter vegetables such as cauliflower (or broccoli) for a low carb meal.
To show you an example of the type of sides I like to share with my roast meats, below is our paleo friendly recipe for turmeric roasted cauliflower salad. It's simply delicious.
When choosing your meat, please choose with awareness and opt for good quality meat, ideally grass fed and organic. I source our meats from Sherwood Road Organic Meats, suppliers of local, grass fed and organic meat.
I hope you and your family enjoy this healthy recipe at your next family mealtime together.
For more family friendly meals check out my 'Real Food Recipes' recipe e-book that contains 80 simple recipes all made with wholesome ingredients to nourish your family.
1. Combine lemon zest, juice, olive oil, garlic and fresh herbs.
2. Place lamb in a glass container/bowl and cover well with marinade. Seal and refrigerate for minimum 4- 6 hours (overnight - 24 hours will enhance flavours and tenderise meat).
3. Pre-heat oven to 180’C. E
4. Place lamb on a roasting tray and cook for 1 hour 40 mins or until cooked to liking (approx 20 minutes per 500g).
5. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Place cauliflower florets into a large baking dish.
3. Cover cauliflower with salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin and olive oil.
4. Use hands to toss until cauliflower is evenly coated.’
5. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and browning slightly on the top.
6. Once cauliflower is cooked, remove from the oven.
7. Place rocket leaves in a salad bowl, top with cauliflower, pomegranate jewels and flaked almonds.
8. In a small jar add olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Shake vigorously and then drizzle over the top of the salad.