Summer: What's in Season this Season!
Getting to know what is in season this Summer has 3 awesome benefits:
- Extra vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. Fruits and vegetables that are in season tend to have higher amounts of nutrients and flavour!
- Save money! Buying what’s in season helps to keep your grocery bill down.
- Eating to the season gives your body a variety of nutrients and a natural cooling effect as nature intended.
During the Australian Summer months of December to February here’s our list of what’s in season:
- Melons (Honeydew, Rockmelon, Watermelon)
- Royal Gala Apples
- Stone Fruit – Nectarines, Peaches, Plums, Apricots
- Red Onion
- Snow Peas
- Spring Onions
- Sweet Corn
Now over to you to get creative and embrace Summer inspired meals.
What are your favourite fruits and vegetables of Summer?
Nourish your body with seasonal fruits and vegetables to provide variety, flavour and nutrients.
– Live Love Nourish Tweet