Gluten Free Cinnamon Cookies
Bake these paleo, gluten free, grain free and dairy free cookies to fill your kitchen with the scent of cinnamon, vanilla and homemade baking. Mmm.. yum!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch pink salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
In a mixing bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
Add coconut oil and maple syrup and mix to combine well.
Using clean hands to shape mixture into a ball of dough.
Roll out dough to 1/4cm thick between 2 pieces of grease proof baking paper.
Transfer to refrigerator for 1 hour to firm up before cutting into shapes.
Use a cookie cutter to cut rolled out dough into shapes.
Place cookies on a lined baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes at 180°C or until edges begin to turn lightly golden.
Allow to cool on tray.
Make It Personal:
- You can also add ground ginger to this recipe to turn these into the perfect paleo gingerbread biscuit.
- Add orange zest and or cacao powder for a choc-orange or chocolate flavour.
Sensitive to FODMAPs?
- You can make these Christmas cookies in advance. Simply store in an air-tight container.
- If you live in a cool climate you can skip refrigerating your dough before cutting. However, in the Australian Summer humidity this recipe works best if you refrigerator your rolled out dough before cutting into shapes. Your cut outs will be much easier and hold their shape when transferring to your baking tray.
- Almonds are generally tolerated up to 10-15 per serve.