Sweet Potato Sliders
A burger that celebrates whole-food ingredients. This is the perfect, wholesome way to enjoy a gluten free burger. We swap the refined carbohydrate bun for a whole-food alternative that provides complex carbohydrates - sweet potato.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 large Sweet Potato, cut into 1.5cm rounds
- 500g Lamb or Beef mince
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- Pink Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil for frying
- 1 large cooked Beetroot, sliced
- 1 large Tomato, sliced
- 1 cup Lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 large Avocado, sliced
Pre-heat oven to 180°C & pre-warm a roasting tray.
Drizzle tray with olive oil and place sweet potato rounds in one layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning half way, or until golden and cooked through.
Meanwhile combine mince, egg, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.Shape mixture into 6 patties.
Heat oil in frying pan and cook patties over medium heat for 4 mins each side or until both sides are browned and cooked through.
Assemble sliders by layering sweet potato with patty, beetroot, tomato, lettuce and avocado. (I use toothpicks for presentation).
Make It Personal:
Sensitive to Eggs?
- *Choose good quality, grass fed mince for best results.
Sensitive to FODMAPs?
- Simply omit egg and work mix well to combine.
- Omit garlic from patties.
- Reduce avocado quantity to 1/4 per serve.
- Beetroot is best tolerated at 4 slices per serve. Alternatively omit beetroot.