'Free From' Crunchy Cookies
These allergy friendly, 'free from' cookies are the perfect crunch and make the best tea dunkers! Made with nourishing ingredients, featuring gut friendly banana flour, they are free from gluten, dairy, soy, eggs and refined sugar with a nut free option.
In a mixing bowl combine banana flour, cacao, vanilla and baking powder.
In small saucepan melt coconut oil with rice malt syrup and nut butter over low heat.
Add coconut water to melted ingredients and pour into dry mixture. Combine well.
Spoon tablespoon portions of the cookie dough into balls and flatten to shape into cookies shapes with your hands.
Place cookies on a lined baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes at 170°C FF (be careful not to burn
Allow to cool on tray.
Make It Personal:
- *You can also sub cacao for carob powder.
- Add additional choc flavour and sweetness by drizzling or dipping your cooked and cooled cookies with melted, homemade raw chocolate (dairy and refined sugar fee). Allow choc to cool.
- *Or use your sweetener of choice, such as honey.
Sensitive to Nuts?
- Add a touch of water/coconut water (up to 1 TBSP) to the cookie mixture to help shape if you find your mixture needs more moisture (I find this can depend on the brand of banana flour).
- *Use hulled tahini in place of nut butter.