Gut Friendly Banana Macadamia Bread
This gut friendly banana bread is one of my favourite healthy snacks. Being sugar free and grain free and made with real, unprocessed ingredients, it's a healthy, guilt free snack or treat that supports good gut health. I add buttery and health promoting macadamias for that extra special touch adding an element of texture and flavour as well as good, healthy fats your body will love.
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe banana
- 1 tbsp macadamia nut oil
- 1 - 2 tbsp rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 cup macadamias
- 1/2 cup macadamias , roughly chopped
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Pre-heat your fan-forced oven to 175°C.
In a mixing bowl whisk eggs with mashed banana, macadamia oil and rice malt syrup.In a blender or food processor (I use my Vitamix)
pulse 1 cup macadamia nuts to a ground nut meal consistency (some texture is ok).
Add ground macadamias, almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon to wet mixture and combine.
Stir through remaining macadamia nuts.
Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through and lightly golden.
- Adjust sweetness to liking by increasing or decreasing amount of natural sweetener (rice malt syrup).
- The recipe also works without any sweeter and just with the natural sweetness of banana. Before baking; top with crushed macadamia nuts or sliced banana.
- Share This