Sugar Free Smashed Berry Jam
Did you know? Store-bought jam is typically packed full of sugar. Here is our healthy, sugar free homemade Jam recipe using just naturally sweet berries and protein packed Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped or Raspberries, Blackberries or Mixed Berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons raw honey, pure maple syrup or liquid stevia to taste Optional Sweetener
Make smashed berry jam by mashing berries with a fork to form a rough paste. Alternatively blitz with a small hand mix or spice grinder. Add sweetener if using.
Stir through chia seeds and set aside in refrigerator for a minimum of 25 minutes to set.
Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Make It Personal:
- Choose your favourite berry or use a combination of mixed berries.
- Add extra Chia Seeds if you like your jam thicker.
- To add extra sweetness to your Smashed Berry Jam add a touch of Pure Maple Syrup or Raw Honey.
Sensitive to FODMAPs?
- When chia seeds mix with a wet ingredient they swell and will naturally thicken to a jam-like consistency.
- If using sweetener opt for Pure Maple Syrup instead of honey.