Sugar Free Tomato Sauce
Did you know most store-bought, pre-packaged tomato sauce contains high amounts of sugar!? Let alone extra salt and often preservatives and colouring too.
- 400 g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- Pinch Sea salt and black pepper
Puree all ingredients in a blender, food processor or hand mix with attachment until smooth.
Pour mixture into a medium saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
Allow to cool. Store in an air-tight container in refrigerator.
- *I recommend purchasing crushed tomatoes in BPA free cans.
Make It Personal:
- Serve as a condiment or dipping sauce.
Sensitive to FODMAPs?
- You can also change your herbs to to make different flavour combinations such as using fresh or dried oregano and parsley.
- Instead of fresh garlic use garlic infused olive oil.