Sweet Potato Egg Nests with Spinach
Because sometimes you need a quick and easy on-the-go option. I developed these healthy eggy muffins with ease and balance in mind. They provide your body with key nutrients it needs in a meal except all in a simple eggy muffin or two. As I share in my 8 Week Program food should be simple and nourishing, without fuss. These fun savoury egg nests feature as one of the delicious snacks in the program.
- 1 medium - large sweet potato, peeled & finely grated
- 1 heaped cup baby spinach leaves
- 6 6 free range eggs
- Chives, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch Sea salt and black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Grease 6 cups in a regular sized muffin tray with olive oilUse fingers to line the greased muffin wholes with sweet potato, pressing to make a crust on bottom and sides.
Bake sweet potato crusts for 5-8 mins (watch not to burn).
Take out of oven.
Add baby spinach on top of sweet potato and crack an egg into each crust.
Sprinkle with chives, salt and pepper, and return to oven and bake for a further 8 - 10 minute or until eggs white are cooked.
- To add extra good fats, serve with a dollop of mashed avocado on top.
- You can also add frozen peas on top of raw egg before cooking.