Healthy Gluten Free Nut Free Muesli Bars
This delicious muesli bar recipe is rich in protein and fibre and perfect for a healthy snack and being nut free they are lunch box friendly.
Allergen note: Recipe is free from gluten, dairy, eggs and nuts.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup Human Bean Co Faba Beans
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut organic
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds (pepitas) (pumpkin seed kernels)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup pure, no added sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp tahini
Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 170°C.
In a high powdered blender or food processor pulse chia seeds at high speed to make a chia seed meal.
Add Human Bean Co Faba Beans, coconut, sunflower seeds and pepitas to blender. Pulse to a rough meal texture (that resembles bread crumbs).
In a small saucepan whisk together maple syrup, water and tahini to combine. Bring to a rapid simmer and stir for 30 seconds.Turn off heat.
Add dry mix into the syrup and mix to combine evenly.
Transfer mixture to a lined small brownie tin. Spread mixture evenly, use fingers to press firmly into shape.
For chewy muesli bars, bake in the oven for 22 minutes or until the surface starts to turn lightly golden. For crunchy muesli bars, bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until the surface is golden.
Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into 6 muesli bar slices.
Once completely cool store in an airtight glass container to keep fresh.
- You can replace maple syrup with your preferred natural sweetener such as rice malt syrup or honey.
- Swap 1/2 cup desiccated coconut with 1/4 cup desiccated coconut + 1/4 cup quinoa flakes.