Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten free, nut free and delicious chocolate chip cookies. Perfect with a cuppa and kid friendly too.
- 1/2 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder Aluminium free
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup No added sugar
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil Softened but not liquid*
- 1 free range eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Sugar free, chopped
- Pinch Sea Salt
Pre heat oven to 170’C.
Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine maple syrup, coconut oil (*soft, not melted), egg yolk and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
Stir through chocolate
Shape tablespoon portions of cookie dough into rounds and press down lightly into shape on a lined baking tray.
Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Allow to completely cool
- This recipe uses soft coconut oil. If your coconut oil is solid and firm, slightly warm to soften (but not liquify). If your coconut oil is liquid place in the refrigerator until soft and butter like.
- ** These cookies will be perfectly soft once cooled. For a firmer consistency store cooked cookies in refrigerator.