Salmon & Nectarine Salad
Sweet nectarines, protein rich salmon, delicate greens & toasted walnuts. Finished with an amazing healthy dressing. Gluten free friendly recipe.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 4 cups mixed delicate salad greens (rocket, arugula)
- 4 nectarines (ripe) quartered
- 1/4 cup mint leaves chopped
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
In a frying pan grill peaches on each side until caramelised grill marks appear. Set aside.
Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a hot frying pan. Cook salmon until edges crisp and cooked through. Alternatively use hot smoked salmon, pre-cooked.
Make salad dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice & mustard.
On a salad serving platter, spread across mixed leafy greens and mint. Sprinkle over red onion.
Flake salmon through salad and arrange char grilled peaches.
Pour over dressing and top with wants just before serving.
- To save time use hot smoked salmon.
- As an alternative dressing use a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.