I loved making this gluten free asparagus quiche recipe for my family so I’m sharing the recipe with you for your family to enjoy as well. It’s dairy free friendly too so no one misses out 🙂
Fresh in-season asparagus, simple dairy free egg filling and homemade gluten free pastry crust.
I made the grain free pastry with cassava flour. Cassava flour is a made from the cassava root; a root vegetable. It is allergy friendly and a very close swap in place of wheat flour in gluten free baking.
Make sure you let me know if you try it by sharing your remake in our Facebook Community. We love seeing your home cooking!
Gluten Free Asparagus Quiche
- 1 cup cassava flour (see notes below)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil soft, not melted*
- 2 eggs room temp, whisked
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup nitrate free bacon (optional)
- To make the pie crust, in a mixing bowl rub the soft coconut oil into the flour to resemble bread crumbs. *The coconut oil must be the consistency of butter (not melted). If it is melted, place in fridge to slightly firm up. If it is too hard, slightly warm to soften.
- Add eggs and salt to dough and combine well. Transfer to a sheet of baking paper. Top with a second piece of baking paper and roll out to 1/2 cm thick. If the dough is too soft to work with place in fridge to firm up.
- Line an oiled pie dish with the pastry dough. Use fingertips to mould into shape. Prick the base with a fork.
- Bake in oven a medium for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together filling. Whisk eggs with coconut milk. Mix in spring onions, salt pepper. Set aside.
- If adding bacon, sauté in a frying pan first. Add to egg mixture.
- Pour egg filling on top of quiche crust.
- Line asparagus across top of egg filling.
- Bake in oven at 180’C for 30-35 minutes or until egg is cooked through and golden.
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. You can download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
This recipe, video and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
If you love this recipe please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons.
For more family friendly recipes, all gluten free and dairy free friendly for the whole family you’ll find 80 more in my Real Food Recipes Book.