These simple tuna & avocado cucumber toppers are one of my favourite savoury, no fuss appetisers. They take no time at all to make and are perfect for last minute guests.
Using healthy ingredients they are also a great option for a quick lunch or simple snack.
The recipe is gluten free, dairy free friendly and made with ingredients to nourish. The tuna provides a source of protein and avocado a source of good fats to keep you feeling satisfied.
What is the best tuna to use?
When it comes to tuna, it’s ideal to be aware of which you use. I choose a good quality tuna that is sustainably caught and one that has no added preservatives or additives. I use Little Tuna, it’s sustainably caught in Australia, comes in glass jars and without poor quality ingredients added. My favourite in their range is their tuna in extra virgin olive oil. Use code LOVE10 for 10% off the Little Tuna range.
I make these tuna & avocado cucumber toppers a lot for guests and they are always surprised how delicious and easy they are!
Let us know in our Facebook community if you make them. We love hearing from you!
We love simple recipe ideas like these and to make your healthy life even easier you will find over 150 recipes like this one in our Nourish From The Inside Out Online Program.
Tuna & Avocado Cucumber Toppers
- 150g tuna in olive oil (I use Little Tuna)
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (or natural yoghurt/coconut yoghurt)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (or coriander), finely chopped
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 large cucumber cut into rounds
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- fresh chives chopped
- In a mixing bowl flake tuna and add avoacdo, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Mix through herbs and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Arrange rounds of cucumber on your serving platter.
- Spoon portions of the filling on cucumber. Top with a tomato and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. You can download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
If you love this recipe please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Little Tuna.