Fresh and simple canapés made with turkey (or chicken) and cranberry in a creamy (dairy free) dressing on top of crisp slices of apple, finished with fresh herbs and pecans. This recipe is great for entertaining or even for a light lunch.
Scroll down for the recipe and to watch the video below.
These Turkey, Cranberry & Apple Canapés are perfect for using up leftover cooked chicken or turkey from Christmas. Leftover food from Christmas often goes to waste and to help encourage ways to reduce food waste you can find out more tips for How To Make The Most Out of Your Christmas Leftovers I created for Mitsubishi Electric here. Including tips for storing leftovers, organising and labelling leftovers and recipe ideas.
- This recipe is allergy friendly using ingredients to to make them gluten free, dairy free, soy free and egg free, suitable for those with these food sensitivities.
- A light and satisfying meal, snack or canapé providing a balanced source of protein and healthy fat for slow release energy and stable blood sugars.
- Green apple provides fibre to improve digestive health, antioxidants to combat free radicals and anti-inflammatory properties to reduce inflammation.
- Topped with pecans providing a source of healthy fat (to keep you fuller longer and fuel a healthy metabolism) and plant sterols (that may help to reduce cholesterol levels).
- Pecans also contain plant-based omega-3, iron and zinc and are a rich source of beneficial antioxidants.
Watch the video how to make these:
For more wholefood inspired festive recipes check out out Christmas recipe e-book – A Healthy & Happy Christmas.
Turkey, Cranberry & Apple Canapes
- 2 small green apples skin on, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thick unsweetened yoghurt (I use coconut yoghurt)
- 1 tsp smooth mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp chives finely chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup cooked turkey (or chicken), shredded
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- pecans to garnish
- microherbs to garnish
- In a mixing bowl combine yoghurt, mustard, orange juice, lemon juice, parsley, chives and salt.
- Add turkey and cranberries and mix to combine well.
- Lay apple slices onto your serving platter or board.
- Top each apple slice with a generous spoon of the turkey filling.
- Top each canapé with a pecan and garnish with herbs.
Find more festive whole food recipes check out our Christmas recipe e-book – A Healthy & Happy Christmas.